Front Desk Receptionist
Reports To: Office Manager
Compensation: Hourly with potential for monthly incentives
The Front Desk Receptionist at Rosin Eyecare is responsible for answering inbound calls and appointment reminders, outbound phone calls, scheduling patients, administrative functions, and providing superior customer service. The individual will be required to maintain high level of customer service as they are the first interaction for most patients. They need to ensure that the practice’s quality standards are met, while completing their specific essential responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeting patients
- Scheduling appointments according to schedule guidelines
- Good communication skill and phone ethic
- Verifying and retrieving benefits online for patients prior to appointment
- Calling patients to confirm upcoming appointments
- Calling patients to notify product is ready for pick up
- Pretesting for the doctor(s)
- Delivery/dispensing of eyewear
- Adjusting of eyewear
- Patient recall
- Setting up referral appointments
- Scanning and data entry
- Maintain filing as needed in your location
- Compliance with company policies, procedures, government regulations and HIPPA guidelines
- Maintain a clean working area
- Use of a Lensometer
- Basic understanding of billing third party online
- Basic understanding of calculating patients benefits
- Performs any other duty or assignment delegated by proper authority
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year supervisor and customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to comprehend, retain, and follow oral and written instructions. Must exercise good judgment and work independently. Must effectively set priorities. Good organizational skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in the English language. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, personnel, and the general public.
- Above average ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic skills in Word, Excel, Point of Sale (POS) systems, and Email