Reports To: Office Manager
Compensation: Hourly with potential for monthly incentives
The Assistant Manager at Rosin Eyecare is responsible for partnering with Office Manager to provide superior customer service and assist patients in their pursuit of eyewear. They are also required to support the growth and development of the staff as well as, comply with their own development. The Assistant Manager is expected to be proficient in all roles of the location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Office Manager in maintaining daily operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Office Manager in scheduling and assign employees and follow up on work results
- Verify and retrieve patient benefits online prior to appointment
- Understanding how to support an optical business
- Provide direction in the optical instruction for all staff members
- Calling patients to confirm upcoming appointments
- Calling patients to notify product is ready for pick up
- Ordering Contacts
- Training patients how to insert and remove contacts
- Assist patients with frame selection based on Rx
- Ordering lens material and vision eyewear
- Delivery/dispensing of eyewear
- Adjusting of eyewear
- Maintain a clean working area
- Use of a Lensometer
- Intermediate understanding of billing third party online
- Intermediate understanding of calculating patients benefits
- Basic understanding of lasik consults and procedure
- Performs any other duty or assignment delegated by proper authority
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 year supervisor and customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to comprehend, retain, and follow oral and written instructions. Must exercise good judgment and work independently. Must effectively set priorities. Good organizational skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in the English language. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, personnel, and the general public.
- Above average ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Basic skills in Word, Excel, Point of Sale (POS) systems, and Email