5 Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK surgery offers a wealth of benefits for the average eyeglasses wearer. If you’ve been wearing eyeglasses for a long time, consider the benefits of LASIK.
1. Improved vision. Studies have shown that about 95% of patients who receive LASIKsurgery achieve uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) of at least 20/40 and 85% achieve 20/20 vision or better. Patients can enjoy greatly enhanced vision following one outpatient procedure.
2. Long-lasting results. Following a stabilization period of about 3 months for the eye to adjust, LASIK results are expected to be permanent. There is no need for follow-up procedures, unless the surgery over or under-corrected to repair a vision, and the patients improved eyesight will last barring any normal loss due to aging or illness.
3. Quick results and quick recovery. You won’t be able to drive immediately after a LASIK surgery but most ophthalmologists estimate that patients can return to their normal schedule as soon as the day after surgery, unless you have an especially dirty or dusty workplace. Imagine having near perfect vision within a day!
4. No more contacts. It’s estimated that the annual cost of contacts is 375 to 450 dollars per year. Granted, LASIK surgery costs several times that amount but you only have to pay for it once- after several years LASIK surgery will pay for itself by eliminating the need for contacts and even begin to save you money. Not to mention that you won’t have to bother with solutions, sticking your finger in your eye, or crawling around on the floor looking for a lost contact.
5. No more glasses. It’s safe to say that we’re past the days of being called “four-eyes” when pro athletes wear glasses without lenses in them but isn’t it nice to have the option of not wearing glasses? Your look can radically change as simply as taking off your glasses. Plus you can wear all the styles of shades you please, without shopping for special lenses for your eyeglasses or purchasing expensive prescription sunglasses.
If you have questions about LASIK eye surgery contact our Rosin Eyecare LASIK coordinator for more information and to determine if you’re a good candidate for eye surgery.
Professional and clinically on target. My wife finally has received excellent care after being examined at Rosin. Highly recommend. Thank you.
I loved my visit here. I had a great doctor and I highly recommend her. She made the visit easy and smooth but was very detailed in her work. She was very open to my suggestions and gave me lots of options as far as lenses and gave me advice on how to improve my eyesight. The best visit with an Optometrist that I have ever had!